We allow you to set expectations up front, and to enforce those (after a 2 hour waiting period) when there are infractions. Don't want the dirty socks left on the kitchen floor (or worse, the kitchen table!)? Configure a penalty for that. It's that easy. If you are wondering about the waiting period ... we didn't want people using Chorez to randomly penalize their children for doing frustrating things (like leaving dirty socks on the kitchen floor). So, by configuring your expectations as a parent ahead of time, your child can see all possible penalties listed in their dashboard, and expectations are clear. Once your penalties are 2 hours old, you may apply a penalty to a child.
- In the bottom right of the dashboard, click the "add" button.
- Click on "Add penalty."
- Click "Add"
- Give your penalty a title/descriptor.
- Assign a dollar value for each infraction.
- Select an effective date for the penalty.
- Choose the child/children to which the penalty applies.
- Click Continue
Watch our short video on how to create your first penalty: