Once you have added all of your child objects, you'll want to create some work for them to do. The most common scenario here is by adding a Chore (a reapeatable household task). We show you how to do this here.
- In the bottom right corner, click add.
- Click Add a Chore - this launches the add chore workflow.
- Use a shortcut (template) or "create your own"
- Give your chore a title.
- Add detailed descriptors for the chore so that your child is clear on what your expectations are.
- Set the minimum times a week that your child MUST complete the chore before getting credit (e.g. don't let them slack and just do their chore once).
- Set the maximum completion times you will pay them for completions (e.g. - we will only pay you for this chore 3 times or 5 times each week).
- Chore interval - set this if you want to add buffers between completions (e.g. - they can complete it 2x a week, but only after two days have elapsed ... this prevents the child from completing the same chore two days in a row at the end of the week).
- Payout per submission: set the value of each completion.
- Set end date for this chore (perhaps if it is seasonal, like mowing the lawn).
- Days of the week when the child may complete the chore.
- Select the child/children to which the chore applies.
- Note that when you add a chore, your weekly "potential family earnings" are updated in your dashboard.
Watch a short video showing this setup process: